Acupuncture is a part of an ancient form of Chinese medicine involving the insertion of stainless steel acupuncture needles into the skin at specific points on the body to achieve a therapeutic effect. Many effects of Acupuncture are produced by the stimulation of nerve receptors in skin and muscle through release of various substances that cause an increase of local blood flow and encourage tissue healing.
- Acupuncture helps to reduce pain locally where the needles are inserted and systemically throughout the body.
- Acupuncture has a calming effect and help decrease stress.
- Acupuncture inactivates myofascial trigger points and effectively decreases muscle tightness.
- The effects of acupuncture accumulate when repeated.
The contemporary scientific explanation of acupuncture is that needling certain points in the body stimulates the nervous system to release chemicals in the brain, spinal cord and muscles. These chemicals will change the perception of pain, or will trigger the release of other chemicals and hormones, which affect the body’s internal regulating system. The energy and biochemical balance produced by acupuncture promotes the body’s natural healing abilities and improves physical and emotional well-being.
And Much more…!
Acupuncture benefits include improving conditions such as:
- low back pain
- neck pain
- knee pain
- headache and migraine
- high and low blood pressure
- chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- some gastric conditions, including peptic ulcer
- painful periods
- allergic rhinitis
- facial pain
- morning sickness
- rheumatoid arthritis
- tennis elbow
- dental pain
- reducing the risk of stroke